40 in 50: Update My Idea Book
Long before the days of Pinterest (like, literally, when I was still in high school), I started an idea book of looks, inspiration, ideas, colors palettes, furniture, and decorating ideas that I loved. I’d rip pages out of catalogs and magazines, put them in my book, and hope that one day I would be able to put them to use.
Thanks to Pinterest, books like this are a thing of the past, and I’ve neglected to even open the book until a few weeks ago when I was making the list of things I wanted to get done.
First, I was shocked at little how my taste has changed (like, I would die to live in that cottage that I saved the plans for). Second, I was embarrassed by some of the things I’d kept (and I’d really wished I had taken notes about certain things and what I liked about them).
Here’s a peak into my idea book:
Clockwise from top left:
- 1 – Love the open shelving that serve as both a decorative and functional piece.
- 2 – Whatever happened to Domino magazine? It was one of my favorites and where I got this article about different styles of beds and headboards.
- 3 – I’m pretty sure Pottery Barn still has this bathroom unit and there’s a reason- it’s timeless.
- 4 – I love this home. LOVE. I think this came from a Cottage Living. Each month they’d feature a home and give you the floor plans. I love looking at floor plans, I could look at them for hours.
- 5 – How cozy does this chair look? I would snuggle up in this for hours with a cup of joe and my Bible.
- 6 – I’d like to do something like this in our entryway where we have yet another, blank, beige wall staring at us. You can’t really tell in this photo, but the frames are hung at different levels, giving the wall depth.
- 6 – I think this came from Pottery Barn Teen and I adore the idea. A simple frame wrapped with battery-powered Christmas lights would be so fun over a bed.
Anddddd here’s a look at some of the images I had to part with.
(I’m sure at some point, there was a reason I liked pink gingham beds or thought a heinous sheep-themed nursery was cute.)
Do I even need to do any explaining?
In my defense, I think the child-like drawing of a reindeer on the canvas is still a kinda cute idea to hang up at Christmastime.
…And so I’m doing my best at continuing to update the idea book (although I’ll admit, Pinterest is way easier since everything is just a click away), so until these puppies arrive in the mail every month…
It’s nice to know that my dream home is still out there…
And that Pinterest isn’t going anywhere.
Oh yeah! I also made | these | this week. BOMB! Try them if you’re looking for a fun (not exactly healthy) way to change up your breakfast routine.