With exactly 2 weeks until baby boy’s due date, I can say that his room is finally ready for his big debut. I’m actually a little surprised with myself when it comes to his nursery, seeing as I usually change my mind 50 million times before deciding on the layout for a room, how things should be arranged, what should be on the walls, etc. But his room was different. From the beginning I knew where I wanted all the big pieces (crib, dresser, chair), and everything else just kind of fell into place. It was like some kind of miracle.
I had always said I wanted a neutral nursery that could be re-used for a girl down the road, but as soon as we found out this was a boy, all that went out the window.
Here it is:
2. Another Ikea frame, this one has a | mat | in it from Pottery Barn Kids and a cute card we received from my aunt.
3. Just a hand-me-down wooden toy that I love.
4. | Gray elephant pull toy | is from Pottery Barn Baby.
5. White rocking bird is from | West Elm |
6. Habakkuk | print | is from my Etsy shop.
7. Books are thrifted from St. Vinnie’s.
8. Crib bumper and matching quilt are part of the | Madras | collection from Pottery Barn Baby.
9. The wall decals all came from | Sissy Little | Don’t even get me started on what a pain they were to install, but well worth the effort in the end.
10. The driftwood mobile was a super-easy DIY. Truly. Just drill a hole in the driftwood, then string it on to fishing wire and attach to a hook in the ceiling.
11. The curtains are a copycat version of Pottery Barn’s | Harper Shade | Because these are faux they well for us. We already have wooden blinds in the room that we can open and close, but the Roman shades are decorative and stay put.
13. | Rocking chair | is from Babies ‘R Us.
14. Blue plaid fabric is from Ikea. They don’t have the blue online, but a similar one can be found | here |
15. ’XOXO’ pillow was another | DIY | from awhile back.
A simple reading corner with new and used books.
16. A small collection of baby toys (how many do they really need?) that I’m sure will get hours of use.
17. Another | Sissy Little | wall decal.
And a few more details…
The wall | color | is Sherwin-Williams, ‘Sea Serpent’. We only painted 2 of the walls (I guess 4 if you count the weird little angled walls where the closet are and where you walk into the room), because I was worried it would be too dark. I didn’t want baby boy to feel like he was sleeping in a cave! However, I think if we’d painted the other 2 walls, it would’ve been fine. Maybe down the road we will, but for now, one wall remaining neutral is OK.
The dresser was a Craigslist find that Ian repainted using | Milk Paint | (he mixed slate and driftwood for ours), then added new hardware.
All of the shelves in the room are from Ikea.
The lamp I was in the great room but I brought it into his room because it looks more like a nursery than a living room if you ask me.
Did I cover everything?
I guess we have everything we need…just add baby!