40 in 50: Baby Blanket + Burp Cloth = Baby Cloth?
Which is exactly what I did this weekend.
Let me start by saying that this is not the quickest project, but the end product is totally worth the time.
I simply combined Hilary’s dimensions and the instructions from the blanket to create this burp cloth. I love the quilted look that you get from continuous lines of stitching, and the bias tape I made coordinates amazingly well to the top, not so much the flannel. Although I was going for a boy burp cloth, it turned out a little too pink and orange for any baby boy I know. I didn’t think that the flannel would show as much as it did, but surprisingly, quite a bit of the pattern showed and its colors were still visible even though it was the bottom layer of flannel. If you make one of these burp cloths or a blanket, keep that in mind.
P.S. I’m crossing both make burp cloths and make a baby blanket off my list of projects, because I did technically make a burp cloth, aaaaaand the only reason I did it small was because I wanted to see how it would look before I made a big one.
…which is in the works right now!